ORIGINAL ARTWORK AND LIMITED EDITION PRINTS By ED NEWMAN



Friday, January 3, 2014

Untitled Images from College, January 3

Picture of the Day
January 3
144"x 96" Mixed Media

For my senior painting class at Ohio University I took a twelve foot by eight foot canvas and worked on it for three to five hours a day. I did not know where it would lead. Like a novel with characters it took on a life of its own. Like the circles on a redwood tree, it's history could have been traced beneath the layers. My "theory" for the piece was that it was a living thing as long as it was changing. When it stopped transforming it was "dead." In the end, the only thing that remains of the project are the slides I took as it underwent its transformations. This permutation is from its later portion when it had been papered with newsprint, wrapped in twine.

Here is another image from this project:



No comments:

Post a Comment