ORIGINAL ARTWORK AND LIMITED EDITION PRINTS By ED NEWMAN



Sunday, May 2, 2010

China Girl

Picture of the Day China Girl
Acrylic on canvas, 18" x 24"

A couple comments on this painting which I did this weekend. Last fall I had kind of an epiphany when I somehow learned to distinguish between Korean, Chinese and Japanese faces. Maybe it's just that we typically don't learn to observe very carefully. I then painted a Korean girl to help reinforce this. This week I decided to look for a China girl to paint and selected the image you see here.

The second comment is that the actual colors of the painting are best viewed below. The painting above was enhanced in iPhoto on my Mac. I mention this only to demonstrate one of the challenges of purchasing art online. It's not always "what you see is what you get." I will endeavor to make every effort to convey the degree to which any paintings or drawings here have been altered. My aim is satisfaction.


NOTE: A limited number of paintings and high quality giclee prints are available for sale at DiscoveredArtists.com. I chose this online gallery because of the safe, reliable credit card transactions available. If interested, a personal visit to my studio is always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment